Executive Director Roundtable
Want to Be the Best Nonprofit Executive Director You Can Be?
TVNPA invites you to become a member of the
TVNPA Executive Director Roundtable Program!
TVNPA’s EDR: A dynamic new program for EDs!
What differentiates EDR from other networking groups?
As a nonprofit executive leader, your time and responsibilities are stretched thin – personally and professionally – making it challenging to carve out time to build your own support network with other nonprofit leaders.
True, there are a variety of quality networking groups available, and most likely you have joined one, or even several, over time. Do you leave those meetings wanting more? Meetings where the benefits or learning opportunities are more geared to ‘for-profit’ leadership? Where the distinct differences between leading a for-profit and non-profit are made all the more clear just by the fact you that you leave with few relevant solutions to the issues you deal with every day?
Think about it. How often have you left a one to two hour networking meeting thinking you didn’t get as much out of it as you wanted or needed because nonprofits are… different?
As the regional convener for Tri-Valley nonprofits, we understand that executive leadership in the nonprofit world is unique and different from C-level management in the for-profit world. We’ve heard from many of our members in networking groups that there’s something missing when it comes to these groups’ abilities to add value for their nonprofit members and the unique ways of nonprofit administration.
The EDR Opportunity
The TVNPA Executive Director Roundtable is a unique opportunity to network with your peers and is specifically created with you in mind!
TVNPA understands the importance for senior nonprofit leadership to connect with each other in our unique industry. We understand we build up our strength by sharing best practices and experiences among our peers. In the spirit of offering continuing professional development opportunities for our members, TVNPA is pleased to launch an Executive Director’s Roundtable -“EDR”- networking program in October, 2021.
Over this past summer, a steering committee comprised of Kathy Young (CEO, TVNPA), Edie Nehls (ED, Sunflower Hill), Chris Carter (ED, Livermore Valley Performing Arts Center), Angie Carmignani (CEO, The Taylor Family Foundation), and Carol Moore (Operations Coordinator, TVNPA) met to design a program curated specifically to meet the needs of Tri-Valley nonprofit executive leaders and based on their prior roundtable experiences and those shared by other nonprofit leaders.
“Many of our executive leaders have been stretched thin over the last year, giving way beyond what they ever imagined they could do in order to keep their organizations afloat and serve growing numbers of residents during COVID,” says Kathy Young, TVNPA CEO. “They’ve been scrambling to scale and finding creative ways to acquire resources and deliver services in the process. And that’s beyond what they normally do.
“TVNPA is offering the EDR as a professional development opportunity where our leaders can bring their expertise to a table of their peers and share best practices in a supportive, constructive, confidential and relaxed atmosphere.”
The EDR Experience
The Executive Director Roundtable is a one-year program for nonprofit executive leaders in the Tri-Valley to gather, connect and learn from each other in a supportive, confidential environment.
EDR is not a mentoring program, but rather a sounding board opportunity for executive-level leaders. EDR meets the first Tuesday of each month, beginning this October, at a member’s nonprofit site. Meetings run from 8 am-10 am and includes: program topic, speaker or relevant conversation accompanied by breakfast (provided) and facility tour afterwards (if desired).
Cost is $150 annually
Inviting Tri-Valley Executive Directors!
What if you could carve out two hours every month with your peers for your own personal and professional development? To connect exclusively with fellow regional nonprofit executive leaders in a confidential, supportive environment?
TVNPA invites you to join our Executive Director Roundtable Program because “EDR” is such a place. At EDR, you will:
- Develop a trusted group of peer advisors in the executive ranks of the nonprofit world
- Share and hear about best practices and creative solutions
- Stay abreast of efforts and opportunities to bring resources to the Tri-Valley
- Discuss issues of importance to senior level administrators
- Gain more in-depth knowledge of nonprofits in our community
- Discover new ways to collaborate and partner
- Expand your skill set and leadership development opportunities
- Troubleshoot administrative issues in a safe peer-to-peer environment
- Learn self-care, mindfulness, and work/life balance skills to continue to “be the best you” both personally and professionally
- Have a fun breakfast with others who – just like you – are walking the talk in the nonprofit world!
- Must lead an organization that is a TVNPA member
- Submit a completed application
- Participant is lead administrator of their organization (e.g. Executive Director or CEO)
- Participant agrees to prioritize attendance at meetings and to contribute in a meaningful way to the dialogue
- $150 participation fee
- Give candid feedback and participate in future alumni events for the program
What EDR Members can expect:
- 12 meetings per year, taking place once every month
- Roundtable groups are limited to 12 (additional roundtables will be formed when that level is reached)
- Coffee and light breakfast provided by host organization
- Curated program to include discussion of general topics facing executive leaders, and confidential sharing of best practices, current issues, and troubleshooting
- Qualified speakers on topics important to you and your continued growth as a nonprofit executive
- One meeting a year devoted to self-care
- TVNPA to provide qualified subject matter experts in areas such as legal, tax, legislative, motivation, organizational growth, board management, etc., based on member input
- Fun, relaxed conversation in confidence with peers who – like you – are ‘walking the talk’ in the nonprofit world!
Need more info? Contact Kathy Young, TVNPA CEO/President.
For details on our next cohort of EDR,
email Kathy at email@example.com