TVNPA Announces 2022 Q4 Grant Recipients and
2023 Q1 Grant Round Open Through February 28
Livermore, CA / February 13, 2023
The Tri-Valley Nonprofit Alliance (TVNPA) is pleased to announce the Tri-Valley Nonprofit Fund’s (TVNF) 2022 fourth-round grant recipients, also marking their goal of awarding $100,000 annually to nonprofits representing a broad range of community needs and interests for the year.
“As awareness of the fund has grown, so have the number of grant applications,” says TVNPA CEO Kathy Young. “As a result, throughout the year, TVNPA received many worthwhile applications, including in this fourth round.”
Thanks to generous community donors and matching partners, TVNF awarded a total of $25,000 to the following organizations at a check presentation event held at TVNPA’s CommonPoint Nonprofit Center, 164 North L Street in Livermore on Thursday, January 26, 2023.
- Room Redux Bay Area – Room Transformations of children who have faced sexual and/or physical abuse ($5,000)
- Lazarex Cancer Foundation – CARE Program – travel reimbursement costs for clinical trials for Tri-Valley cancer patients ($5,000)
- Shepherd’s Gate – Children’s Equine Therapy sessions with Reins in Motion in Livermore. ($4,000)
- Down Syndrome Connection of the Bay Area – Educational, developmental, and health and wellness support to families with a child or adult with Down syndrome in the Tri-Valley region ($3,000)
- Arukah – 90 hours of staff development, training and oversight for key employees. ($3,000)
- System Overload Robotics – RPC Robot Build Kits for STEM robotics competition ($2,500)
- Cantabella Children’s Chorus – Financial Aid so more young choristers can benefit from Cantabella’s programs ($1,500)
- Alliance for the Visual Arts – Artist Studio Tour to bring the visual artists of the Valleys together with the residents ($1,000)
TVNF First Quarter Round Now Open
The first round for 2023 opened January 15 and closes February 28, 2023. We encourage nonprofits serving the Tri-Valley to apply. Grants from the Tri-Valley Nonprofit Fund offer unrestricted funds to nonprofits that serve the Tri-Valley Area, including Livermore, Pleasanton, Sunol, Dublin, San Ramon and Danville.
“We are thrilled to have met our goal of raising and awarding $100,000 in 2022 and we look forward to awarding even more funds in 2023,” added Young. “With the generous support of our fund sponsor, The Workday Foundation, we are already halfway there, and donations are still being matched at 150%!”
Now is a great time to contribute and help TVNPA fully fund this amazing program. To donate, apply, and learn more about the TVNF Grant Program, visit www.tvnpa.org/tvnf/.
About the Tri-Valley Nonprofit Fund – The Tri-Valley Nonprofit Fund (TVNF) was founded in March 2019 to provide unrestricted funding to support six key safety net service organizations scaling to meet the increased community needs brought on by the pandemic. A partnership between TVNPA and the Community Health & Education Foundation (CHEF), the TVNF raised $183,000 during this first campaign, distributing $30,500 to each of the beneficiaries. In January 2022, the TVNF launched its second campaign, a quarterly grant program open to nonprofits serving the Tri-Valley, with the goal of distributing $100,000 annually in unrestricted funds to nonprofits representing a broad range of community needs. Find out more at www.tvnpa.org/tvnf/.
About the Tri-Valley Nonprofit Alliance –The Tri-Valley Nonprofit Alliance (TVNPA), a 501©3 organization, was founded in 2014 the regional convener for nonprofit organizations throughout the Tri-Valley and beyond. The mission of TVNPA is to strengthen and advocate for nonprofit organizations through education, skills training, workforce development, organizational resources, and a supportive professional network. Tax ID: 47-4672151. Find out more at www.tvnpa.org.
About TVNPA’s CommonPoint Nonprofit Center – CommonPoint Nonprofit Center is a project of the Tri-Valley Nonprofit Alliance. Located at 116 North L Street in Livermore, CA, the center is the permanent home of TVNPA and its programs and serves as a co-working location offering shared offices, individual workspaces, and virtual offices for nonprofit organizations serving the Tri-Valley region. Find out more at www.tvnpa.org.